Friday, February 03, 2012

A story of 4 kids, Cyborg Cats and Thousands of Gadgets.





Don't miss the show !


This is not just a manga (Japanese Comic) nor an anime (Japanese Animation). These are childhood memories.

I still remember the time when I was sitting in front of the TV on national television awaiting the show to be broadcast. I remembered clearly that it was 7.00 pm daily and 8.30 am on weekends. Those are the days....

Okay, back to reality. Might of you might be still wondering is this carnival:

1)..Is it worth a shot ?
2) What I expect to find ?
3) Will it relieve my childhood memories ?
4) Any other additional bonus ?

Hold your horses people, let me explain. I always believe that you must show an appreciation for any carnival event that has been done.

Handling them successfully takes a lot of considerations and extra precautions. A round of applause to T2 Interactive Sdn Bhd, presenter of the event !


T2 Interactive Corporate Logo. Taken from website. Done in Photoshop.











Thank you for relieving my childhood memories.

Now back to the carnival.

The top question from the readers are.....*drumrolls*

Is it worth it?


When it comes to worthiness nowadays, it is all about Cost Over Benefits I believe.

Ticket costs RM 38 for adult and RM 33 for child. Some of you might feel that it is expensive for a carnival that only showcases stuff from your memories, but fear not I am here to give you a good advice on that. (A good smack in the head that is...it's childhood memories what you expect? Bah!)

Upon entering the World of the Blue Cyborg Cat. You will be amazed by two things:

The Crowd. Enormous crowds that come in massive hordes. This will be a hard place if Zombie Apocalypse were about to take place here.
Took me approximately 20 minutes to get in there.



















Eyes up here!
The Cashless System.

Cashless? Yes. Upon entering the Doraemon's World 2012 you will be given a Touch N Go Doreamon Limited Edition Card.





Now every transaction throughout the event will be dealt with Touch N Go. See a cool Doraemon watch? Just swipe your card like a boss and the watch is yours. It feels magical when all you do is to swipe your card to get something.


So, you get a LIMITED EDITION CARD upon entering. That's one good value. Check.


What I expect to find?


 
Introduction


Nobita's Room
Nobita's Living Room
Suneo's House. (Typed Sinyu. Damn...I really do have a good memory when it comes to cartoons.)
Time Machine's Realm Room.


it is very crowded in here.

Oooo.. so many people.

Happy family

Bookshelves.

Ps. The milk is plastic.

Hi

Family picture.

Eating


I am smarter.

Time tunnel












The Neighborhood

Dorayaki Stall
Souvenir Shop
Touch N Go Reload Counter
Photo Sessions with all the main characters.
Fujio's Gallery.



Is...Shizuka getting jealous!?















Welcome to the Neighbourhood


Yo!

















School. The one thing that I miss so much.
He is trying to hit me - Nobita
















Rich boy's here.

Souvenir shop


Touch N Go Counter. You can edit and customize your Touch N Go card !














Another souvenir shop

Peace!

She don't want to come out and play.....































Doraemon's Pocket

The tools and gadgets that changed Nobita's life.
All made in real action 1 to 1 scale. Yes. It is that awesome.




That is one deep pocket


Awesome gadget

How mini?

I believe I can fly

Grow Bigger


Traveller's tunnel.

Godly

Gadgets
Wishing Well








 




















 Carnival. Games. Dancing.

Impressive, they manage to turn a whole swimming pool into a carnival where you can play games and make Doraemon dance. Still not awesome enough?

How bout if I tell you every main character in the cartoon dancing together in the stage? Still not awesome enough?

Okay. Winning a live size Doraemon soft toy from the booth. Now that must be interesting. There are 12 booth games to be played during the carnival. Why 12? Because the game theme is on the Chinese Zodiacs.

So, there are 12 different games. And all of them requires different set of skills to win.



Yes, its a swimming pool

Zodiacs booth

Win prizes by playing games

There is a lot people trying


Crowded











































A word of warning though, all the games are not simple.



Author's Persona Feeling


I was five when I entered that carnival. I swear it.

The carnival was mind-blowing. It is always fun to see yourself get together with your favorite childhood cartoon character.

Perhaps I am a Child At Heart. I always have a soft spots for these kind of things.

For me, these are are not just Japanese animation and comics. It's about culture. It's about life. It's about what you have been through throughout childhood.

It shapes me to the person I am today.

This is a must go for fans, family and everybody who has in touch with the blue cyborg cat.

Well, seriously. If I really need to

Until next time. Good bye! Take-Copter!

PS. You have no idea how difficult it is to report on the things you like and stop yourself from reminiscing the moments just to get your facts right.

It's my Imagination Vs Reality I am talking about.

Written By: Yeong Zi Wen
Edited By: Yeong Zi Wen

0 comments:

Post a Comment